Madden NFL 2003 PC was published by Electronic Arts and released in August 2002, for the PC platform modeling the NFL 2002 – 2003 football season. For this project I was the Lead Game Programmer, which game me the duties of doing the scheduling and management of four engineers: two engineers working in Austin and two working in Orlando. I also was responsible for coordinating with Greg Schaefer for the EA SPORTS Online component, which was being written by his team. My programming duties were to design and implement the client side EA SPORTS Online component. I was also responsible for porting the game pad and peer-to-peer online from the Madden NFL 2003 PS2 product.
The Best Gets Better
- THE NEXT LEVEL OF ONLINE PLAY: Join EA Sports Online and play in Quick Tournaments, 2-Minute Drills, and Mini-Camp Challenges as well as traditional ranked play with detailed online stats.
- FOOTBALL’S BEST COMMENTARY: Legendary play-by-play announcer Al Michaels and Melissa Stark join John Madden to complete football’s premier audio team.
- DEEPEST FRANCHISE MODE EVER: 30 years of career stats and player progression logic. Draft players with tips from your scouting staff, and export your franchise team to all game modes.
- CREATE THE ULTIMATE ONLINE HERO: Earn tokens playing online Ranked Matchup, Quick Tournaments, and Quick Games. Spend your tokens in the online shop to customize your online hero.
- NEW ENHANCED GAME AND GRAPHICAL ENGINE: Based on the same engine used in the console version of Madden NFL 2003.
- NEW EA SPORTS TRAX: Features 11 hot music releases from Andrew W.K., Nappy Roots with Marcos from P.O.D., (hed)p.e., Quarashi, Good Charlotte, Bon Jovi, and many more.
Click to view bigger version.
Madden NFL 2003 System Requirements
OS: Windows XP/Me/2000/98 (Windows 95/NT are not supported)
CPU: 400 MHz Intel Pentium II processor
RAM: 64 MB (128 MB required for Windows XP and Windows 2000)
CD/DVD-Rom Speed: 8x
Hard Drive Space: 75 MB free space plus space for saved games
Video: 16 MB supported Direct3D capable video card with DirectX 8.0 compaticle driver
Sound: DirectX 8.0 compatible sound card
Input: Keyboard, Mouse
Supported Chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce4, NVIDIA GeForce3, NVIDIA GeForce2, NVIDIA GeForce 256, NVIDIA Riva TNT2, NVIDIA Riva TNT, ATI Radeon 8500, ATI Radeon 7500, ATI Radeon, Matrox MGA-G550, Matrox MGA-G450, or Matrox MGA-G400 chipset with DirectX 8.0 compatible driver
Required for Multiplayer
1 disc/player per computer
Internet (2 players): 56 Kbps or faster Internet connection
Network (2 players): TCP/UDP Compliant Network
Single System (2-4 players)
600 MHz or faster Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon processor
128 MB or more RAM
650 MB free hard disk space
32 MB or greater supported Direct3D video card
Gravis Gamepad Pro, Microsoft Sidewinder Gamepad, Logitech Wingman Gamepad, Windows supported gamepad, Keyboard, Mouse